Monday 10 February 2014

Review : www.Nykaa.com


A few days back, I was in the mood for buying a lipstick for just no reason.
I wasn't well so I couldn't go out and it was late, but all hail technology, there was online shopping! :D
I came across a Nykaa.com add somewhere and thought it just the place.

Alot of you might have already used this website. This was my first time with the website (thanks to boredom).  What I really like is that you get a variety of products - from the cheapest to the most expensive here. There are cool discounts and offers also.


About Nykaa.com



Nykaa.com is a leading one-stop online store for all your beauty and wellness needs. With about 200 brands and more than 10,000 products, Nykaa.com offers a comprehensive selection of makeup, skincare, hair care, fragrances, bath and body and luxury products for women and men. All products are 100% authentic, sourced directly from the brands or authorized distributors. Nykaa ships products to more than 900 cities across the country to almost 9,000 zip codes using the services of leading and reliable courier companies. 



My experience with Nykaa.com 

I had seen so many advertisements of this website - that I thought I had to give it a try. Luckily, out of boredom, I felt I had to get an Elle 18 Lipstick. They're cheap and all. But since I wasn't well, I thought that this website could just be the help I needed.

Navigation on the website is really easy. They have these tabs that showcase the kinds of products they have .


They have free shipping on orders over Rs.500 and Cash on Delivery option for orders over Rs.1000

Nykaa.com has this amazing concept of "Loyalty Points"
Here, 
100 points = Rs 1.00. 
If your billing amount is "X", You get "X" number of loyalty points.
So if I order something worth Rs.2000, I get 2000 Loyalty Points, and that equals to Rs.20.
I can collect Loyalty points as I shop, and get a good discounted rate on my next purchases.
As a start, you get 2000 Loyalty Points by default in your account. 


With my order, It had a Rs.50 shipping charge. The product I ordered was for Rs.100.

On my total on Rs.150, I used the 2000 Loyalty Points for a Rs.20 discount. 



The checkout and payment method is easy. I used my Debit Card and placed the order in 5 minutes (not kidding)


Shipping and Packaging


I placed my order somewhere around midnight on 28th January, and you won't believe that I received it on 30th January in the afternoon. It was so quick! 



The packaging was fab. It was neatly taped and had the To and From addresses printed. 









Upon opening, I found the invoice and the bubble wrapped product.






 What I really really liked was that they bubble wrapped the product so neatly









Pros and Cons



Pros : 

  1. Easy to Navigate 
  2. Has every newly launced product available
  3. Great variety of products
  4. Placing an order is easy and quick (took 5 minutes)
  5. Quick delivery (took less than 2 days for me) 
  6. Loyalty points concept is brilliant and motivating
  7. Bubble wrap the products neatly
  8. 2 methods of preventing damage to the products - Bubble wrap and box
  9. Products reached without any damage
  10. Friendly and polite customer service 
  11. Free shipping for orders over Rs.500
  12. Cash on Delivery option for orders over Rs.1000
  13. Keeps you aware of your order. Sends mails when orders are placed/shipped. 
  14. Easy to track your order

Cons* : 
  1. No free shipping for orders below Rs.500
  2. No Cash on delivery for orders below Rs.1000

    *Thats all! I survive on pocket money, so yeah, sort of a drawback for me! But otherwise, there are no cons. The website is great!
Overall Rating : 4.75/5

Disclaimer:
The product was bought with my own money. I am not paid/sponsored for this review. My opinions are completely honest.


11 comments:

  1. nicely packed. Will order from them soon .
    Thanks so much for ur comment on my blog !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must! <3
      It's pretty great! Do let me know about your experience when you order :D

      Delete
  2. Sounds good. Might give the site a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice review. I have ordered from Nykaa before and have had a good experience..

    http://blushesandbeyond.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thanks hun! :)
      Yeah, I read a few negative reviews, so had to try it myself! So far so good :)

      Delete
  4. I had a pretty good experience with Nykaa.com. Even I wish they accepted COD on orders below 1000

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad we have mutual feelings hun! Wish they change that!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing your experience! Sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! You must try it :)

      Delete