Monday 3 February 2014

Help me decide my first tattoo :D

Hey loves!
Hope you all have been healthy and happy.

I really need some help! I'm getting my first tattoo!
Since I started blogging, I've met such wonderful people with the most creative minds, and I thought you guys might just be my saviours by deciding what I should get! :D 

I have 3 designs in mind and 2 parts of the body where I should get. I just can't decide which combination!



Here are the designs - (All images from google)


1. A Heart 
To signify love. I've been so lucky and loved my entire life. Love is just everything to me. This one little heart means the whole gigantic world to me. There is so much meaning in this tiny little symbol for me.


2. A Paw print 
I doubt if I should write this, cuz people freak out knowing I have over 150 pets. I've had pets since I was born. I was most attached to my dogs. They all lived long healthy lives, and each time one of my pets went to heaven, they took a part of me with themselves. I'm not complete without my pets. They're my best friends! 
So this tattoo means so much to me because it just signifies everything I've ever lived for. It will make it so much more permanent 



3. A Sword with a gold vine.
I've always thought that when I get a tattoo, it will be the simplest thing ever! Nothing too complicated and something with so much meaning and so much attachment that will last me a lifetime, cuz tattoos stay for a lifetime.
Getting a boyfriend's name or something never made sense to me, because they're not forever. But i've always wanted my parents' names tattooed.

My parents have extremely typical Indian names :p so bare with me :P 

My dad's name is Vijay. That means "Victory". The first thing that comes into my mind when I think of Victory is a sword. 

My mum's name is Hemlata/Hema. It means "Gold vine/Golden flower"
So instead of getting the cliched name tattoo, I feel this one carries more meaning to it. The vine is tangled around the sword. It shows how attached my parents are. They've been together for 30 years now.





The two parts of the body where I am comfortable getting a tattoo are :

1. The nape 


I've always wanted "You are beautiful" written on my nape for some reason. But text is not my thing with tattoos.
The nape is somewhere a tattoo may/may not be showcased to the world. For me, the whole idea of tattoo WAS to look great, but its more about meaning than looks.
After all the negative opinions I've received on my red hair, I doubt I can stand red tattoo comments.
I love my hair the way it is, and I did it for myself, and not to impress anyone. So this time, I don't know if I want someone to see a tattoo.
The idea of getting a tattoo on the nape makes me feel so much more comfortable and secure.
Though the downside is that my hair is always tied up, or one-sided in a fishtail or simple braid. I don't like leaving my hair open all the time. So a nape tattoo might be pretty evident in my case.


2. The wrist


I have no particular reason, but a tattoo on the wrists was just the most perfect-est idea to me. Though, I fall sick once a month and I always have a major health problem once a year.
After learning about the risk of getting a tattoo on the wrist, it sort of scared me.
I've had terrible health problems my entire life, and affecting another by a wrist tattoo kind of freaks me out.
And also, wrist tattoos are more difficult to hide/cover up. Tattoos are permanent, and when I grow up, I don't want it to affect my professional life later. You know how judgmental some people can be. right?
However, I just can't help but feel so comfortable with a wrist tattoo.
Help me! I'm going insane!
Help me decide what to get and where to get. I can't seem to make up my mind!
Please comment below and let me know what combination makes more sense :) I really need your opinion!

Love and more love and big tight virtual hugs to you all.
 -Chandni 


*All images have been taken from google image search.

3 comments:

  1. I think the paw tint will look great on you dear!

    www.beautyfrontline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the suggestion Gowthami <3 :*

      Delete
  2. Once you remove your bandage, it's time to wash your tattoo. Run lukewarm water over your tattoo with a mild, liquid antibacterial or antimicrobial soap (generic brand antibacterial soaps are good choices, Provon and Satin are popular choices) to lightly wash off any ointment, blood or plasma and to completely your tattoo and the surrounding area.avengers tattoos

    ReplyDelete