Sunday 2 March 2014

Review : Elle 18 Color Pops Lipstick - Shade 40 "Candy Kiss"

Hey Huns!
I cannot express how happy I am now that I'm finally done with my first set of final exams!
The second set is from the 24th to 28th March! It's still a long long way to go!
And today is YouTube FanFest!!! Believe me, I had been crying because I din't have passes to it, and I finally won two passes through a contest, and I want to scream! I love love love Superwoman and I'd be the happiest person alive if I get to meet her today!

Anyways getting back to my post :D I recently purchased this lipstick from Nykaa.com which I'm going to review today!
Its "Elle 18 Color Pops Lipstick" in Shade 40 - Candy Kiss"



Price
Rs.100/- for 4.3ml

There is no list of ingredient or whatsoever given.

Packaging
The packaging is done with a very simple black plastic case. I prefer the plastic because it is so much more easier to carry around. Its super light! Though, I had a problem with the locking of the case. The cover would just come off randomly because it wouldn't lock properly or was loose or something!


Also, one thing I'm not a fan of is lipsticks that don't show which shade they are on the outside. I mean, a little belt of the color, or just the bottom label to show which shade it is could do! For these, you have to open each and every one of them to just check which shade they are on the inside. I find that a bit annoying! Though ofcourse, not too many expectations, it's 100 rupees!



Shade
The shade is a beautiful, subtle pink with hints of peach and coral.
I am a sucker for coral shades. I love anything and everything coral!
From the looks of it, it is a slightly darker shade of pink that I wouldn't wear on a daily bases. But due to the light pigmentation, it suites well. This is one shade that will probably suite anyone's complexion!
It lights up your face slightly and gives a little shine. It doesn't make your lips look overdone because it has the right amount of shine.
Though the shade displayed on the website is completely different from what I got. They're lucky I happened to like the shade, otherwise, I wouldn't have really been okay with it!



Swatches

With Flash


Without flash



Lip Swatch 


Texture and Lasting Power
The texture is creamy and it gives a glossy finish. Though, the pigmentation is not too good. You need to swipe about 3-4 times to get the right color.
Though what I really like is the intense moisturizing core or the cocoa cream in the center. It actually does help with the moisturizing and if you notice, it alters the color a slight bit. The outer part is darker than the center for my lips. I like the look it gives and how it applies smoothly on the lips.
It did not last for more than 2 hours for me (without food) and left the slightest tint (barely noticeable).

Smell
Terribly old smell! The only reason I would not wear this lipstick is because of the odd smell it has. I'm sorry to say, but even though it is 100 rupees, you don't expect it to smell so bad!
Its a strangely awful smell. It is tolerable for a while and then just fades in an hour.
I asked 10 people, out of them 4 loved the smell and 6 disliked it, like me. So maybe what doesn't work for me, may work for you!



Pros and Cons :

Pros :
  1. Nice packaging
  2. Light and travel-friendly
  3. Lovely pinkish-coral shade that will suite anyone
  4. Just the perfect amount of shine.
  5. Creamy texture and Glossy finish
  6. The cocoa cream center is fabulous! 
  7. Super moisturizing
  8. Very smooth and glides when applying
  9. CRAZY CHEAP! :P Love the price! 
Cons : 
  1. The one product that I got had a loose lock to the case. That was a turn off.
  2. No color indication on the outside.
  3. Different shade from what was displayed on the website.
  4. Very light pigmentation. I like the one-swipe lipsticks. This one is a 3-4 swipes!
  5. Lasting power. Only 2 hours
  6. TERRIBLY ODD SMELL! (In my opinion)
  7. Availability
  8. No list of ingredient.
Overall
I think the overall quality is decent. You can't expect much in 100 rupees and this definitely gives a lot more than what you expect. Overall, it's a good product.Though I wish they would consider the awful smell thing,

Would I buy it again
I will in another shade, I like exploring. And for the price it is at, I really wouldn't mind, because I'm still in college, and these colors are like for the Indian College girls mainly! 

Do I recommend it
If you like the smell and if it works for you, then you should go for it! It's a decent quality, and anybody can afford it.

Rating
2.8/5 (It's a great product, if it wasn't for the smell, I'd rate it 3.4/5)

9 comments:

  1. Looks like such a pretty colour :) I'm a coral fan too!

    www.stylefile.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Dayle!
      Corals are amazing! <3

      Delete
  2. I don't know what's wrong, but these are not expected to smell so awful. In fact, the ones I own do not smell that funky. I love these lipsticks. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said, when I asked 10 people, 4 of them loved it! So opinions differ hun :D
      Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  3. Seriously Elle 18 products are wonders. However, I know someone who hates the smell as much as you do, in fact she gets headache :-O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! and Im glad someone else dislikes it as much as I do haha :P

      Delete
  4. I need to get my hands on some Elle 18 lipsticks. Too bad about the loose cap hun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great for the price they're sold at :D
      And yes X( the loose cap was a drawback!

      Delete
  5. I'm using this shade from last 3 or 4 years. I am in love wid this shade. It goes well with people who have fair skin. So many friends n relatives asked me about the shade no. Cap isn't the loosen one. I've so many elle 18 shades n none of them r available at this price. Maybe you got the fake one.
    Must buy for fair skin tone.

    ReplyDelete