Friday 17 January 2014

Things I know about love

Hey everyone! How are you’ll? 

Well, It is 5:30 am right now, and here I am with teary eyes typing this down!

I’ve stayed up all night because I was supposed to wake up at 4am. So I decided not to sleep, and to spend my time, I read a book.



Things I know about Love by Kate Le Vann.
(picture taken from google)

It’s about a girl, Livia Stowe, who has leukemia, and is trying to figure out this world with the little exposure she has, and how one trip changes her mind set about love. 

It’s beautiful how it’s been written in blog posts instead of diary entries and in two perspectives.

She makes a list of “Things I know about love” from her experiences with the guys she dated. However, the initial two just left her because they found out she had leukemia.

She complains about how difficult it is to live a teenage life, when she knows she is going to die.

My heart goes out to those who suffer from this terrible disease. I can only imagine how hard it is to not be able to take risks in fear of being too weak.

It makes me want to live and cherish my gifted life even more. I’m alive today, I’m free to live and love and breathe without any worries of anything.

It’s so hard to think about life, when locked up in a shell, when all you want is to come out and break open that shell just to experience the little life you’re living now.



In the book, Livia makes her list of "Things I know about love", and updates or adds onto it as and when she experiences things. Here’s her list:



1. Nothing that happens between two people is guaranteed to be private
2. Strangers are called strangers because they are strange.
(these are Unshakeable truths)
3.People don’t always tell you the truth how about they feel. And the truth is, it may not be the same as how you feel. And girls can be guilty of this as boys.
4. Hearts don’t really get broken, but if you practice too hard with them, they can get quite hurt. It feels like they won’t get better, but they do.
5. I am in it.
6. Being in love is the best thing in the world.

In the book, She died a few days after making this post. 



It touched my heart and made me realize that I have a life not to work all day and spend my time with people who don’t care, but to live and experience and value the ones who actually care.

In the past, I’ve ignored so many people who actually loved me for the ones who left me, and I wish I could go back in time and value those people who gave a damn when I was unwell


Love is not only when your boyfriend takes you on a date, it’s when your mother buys you a new dress, or your brother gets you your favourite product, or even when your dad just tries to do something funny, all, just to see that smile on your face.
Life is short and I want to make sure I tell god “Thank you for making my life so perfect” when I go to heaven. I want to live for happiness and for fulfilling the purpose god sees in me, and not just to please someone day and night.
I want to do things, just because I can, and I want to experience and live, and spread the love everywhere! It’s a beautiful thing, you know?

I’m taking my day off work today and spending it with the people who love me to let them know I love them! 



I never really do posts like this, but I feel it was much needed and I hope it touches your life in some way. You’re gifted with so much, and I love you! 

Have a great day! 



PS. Talking about doing things just because I can, I colored my hair RED on the tips. Bad Decision or not?


Do comment below and let me know! 
In this picture I'm wearing an Oriflame Pure Colour in "Desert Rose" on my lips, that my aunt gifted.
It's been my favourite lipstick for about a month or two now, almost finishing it. *sob sob*

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful post!! Following you...

    www.beautyfrontline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post!
    i love your hair it was a really good
    decision! i just followed you on GFC i hope u'll follow
    back :)
    xoxo Rose
    Bogibo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rose!
      Thank you, you're one of the very few people to compliment my hair :p Means alot!
      I've been following you for a while now :D Thanks for following back! :D
      Lots of love :)

      Delete
  3. "Love is not only when your boyfriend takes you on a date, it’s when your mother buys you a new dress, or your brother gets you your favourite product, or even when your dad just tries to do something funny, all, just to see that smile on your face." -
    Very well said , it was a pleasure to read such warm thoughts of both Miss Livia and Miss Chandni !! Keep writing and expressing !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Netaji sir. It means so much to me that you always appreciate my writing :) God bless you :)

      Delete