Wednesday 7 August 2013

Finally in College!

Hey Readers and Bloggers!
I haven't been able to blog for a while because I was caught up with so much work, and as soon as I was done, my laptop and net decided to be pretty little princesses and just not work at all!
But here I am! I couldn't have taken the wait anymore! This is not a fashion-related post, just a random update on what is going on these days!

I just started college on the 11th of July, it has been about 4 weeks since and believe me on this, I haven't been happier than this.
Yes, I travel 4 hours a day. It takes me two hours to reach college from home and two more hours to return. I literally to another city every day! (Yes, Navi Mumbai is another city)
To be very honest, my college is worth it! It is so worth the traveling. I could have never wished for anything better (Touchwood).

I study in HR College of Commerce and Economics. All hail Sindhi Quota! I got in without an actual marksheet because of this quota! (on my predicted grades).

On my first day of college, we were given our divisions and I found out my class to have 80 students. (That's way less compared to the other classes with 140 or something).
That was new to me because I had only 2 other classmates in school, we were 3 in class.
But I wasn't really surprised because I know usual Junior colleges have over 100 students in class.
Well anyway, the first day was so much fun. New college, new people, new crowd - New Beginning!
It is just so funny that everyone goes all "Haaw" when I say I live in kharghar! Maybe 75% percent of them don't even know where kharghar is!
The first day was overall super! There were students from different clubs coming to class and promoting their clubs. The only club I was waiting for was RCHR (Rotaract Club of HR). It is my dream club! Read till the end to find out more!




We had a super freshers' party after which I realized I couldn't walk! We danced so much that our feet were numb!
We also had an orientation in which we were explained about the study patterns and various clubs.
I personally felt it helped me a lot since I am a very study oriented student.

The first event that was announced was chase by the GEMS club! I paid for it but never went for it! I decided to stay loyal to the only club I have wanted to be in for the past 5 years(RCHR). and not stray to others

About a week went by with lectures and I'm sorry if you find me weird, but I love lectures!
Finally the announcement for the RCHR forms came about and you wouldn't believe, I felt like flash when I ran to pick up my form! I was more than excited!

Choice, which is another club in our college, had organized the "HR Fest" and had tons of games to participate in!






I took part in this one called "Juno's pizza". I thought there would be unlimited free pizza to see who can eat the most, but they just gave us bread instead. (big, fat and yucky bread). They didn't even let us have water. I, from the start never really was fond of choice, but the free pizza sounded tempting -.-
However, during the 3 days of this HR fest, They set up these stalls on the ground near the entrance.
The first one was Juno's pizza, where they sold the actual pizza and not just bread!
I could tell you very very honestly, Juno's Pizza (the actual pizza) is the yummiest one I've eaten till date!

Upon further research I found out that the restaurant/ dine-in place is in Tardeo, Mumbai.
You can further find out on their website. click here to view the site
I suggest you to try out the basic margherita pizza. It is more than enough for two people!
Juno's pizza has my Thumbs up!

**There is this one more fast-food place that I am absolutely in love with right now! It is "The J Cafe"! Bang opposite college!
I promise you, You will find the MOST DELICIOUS Chilli Cheese Fries here! Not just that, but the Hot Dogs and Chicken Nachos are HEAVENLY! (Yes, I am emphasizing too much! But trust me, it is brilliant!)
It is not too expensive and that is what I personally appreciate the most about it, because I am the sort of person who always runs out of cash quickly! The J until now hasn't disappointed me in any of the aspects, be it quality, quantity, service and price! I'm a complete foodie and the J is my top pick!
Linking you to their facebook page. Click here
Its a must-visit!**



AND NOW GETTING BACK TO THE TOPIC!
After the HR Fest, I finally got into my dream club (25th July - I shall never forget this day!)
I finally got into RCHR. Believe me I would have cried through the rest of the year if I wouldn't get in!
Since my 5th grade, I knew this is what I wanted. To get into HR, to get into RCHR.
I haven't been happier than this! They have amazing(emphasis on "amazing")  projects almost everyday! (known for doing 400 projects in 365 days - Yes! That awesome!)
I love almost every project they have!
RCHR isn't just a club, it is more than that. It something you want to live and breathe every day!
I still can't believe I'm a part of something like that.
I can't even think of imagining how numb I am to the feeling of finally being here!
We're going for a monsoon trek and there is a project named Fiesta coming up!
Lots to blog about, lots to tell! Coming up with new posts ASAP :)

Gearing up for the best days of my life! I feel more than blessed to share this with the world! My college has given me almost everything I never had in school!
I'm in love with this place!


LOTS AND TONS AND LOADS OF LOVE TO YOU ALL :)
Chandni Dialani (FashHunny)

No comments:

Post a Comment